Where do you go for a family vacation when your fiancé is half Hungarian?! Budapest, of course! Wow, what a fun trip it has been. From Red Bull Air Races, to plentiful amounts of paprika, to wine tastings, to Balint (the best tour guide EVER), to thermal baths, to late night strolls with ice cream always in hand, my heart is so full! I could not have been more thankful to spend a week with my future in-laws and family in such a beautiful and lively place. It was definitely a trip for the books, my friends!
If you haven’t been to Hungary, you NEED to pack up your bags and go. I’m already begging Blake to go back! And the next time we go, I will make sure that I bring my camera!! Still kicking myself for not bringing it on this trip, but still got these iphone photos which I’m grateful for! To see more of our travels, make sure you’re following ELP on instagram!
TOP FIVE PLACES TO VISIT IN HUNGARY
1. Parliament – This is on the Pest side of Budapest and the world’s third largest Parliament building. It overlooks the Danube river and has the most amazing architecture.
2. Szentendre – The cutest little artsy town you will ever see and where I picked up some beautiful art pieces to bring back home with us.
3. Visegrad – Known as a small castle town with amazing views of the Danube and Danube bend + ruins of the Royal Palace and gate of the Citadel. I only know all of this because of our awesome tour guide, Balint!!
4. Szechenyi Thermal Baths – Relaxation to the max with seventeen naturally heated pools?! Need I say more?
5. Eger – I could have spent days exploring this gorgeous city! Everywhere you turn, the streets are lined with the most beautiful and colorful buildings. It was a photographer’s dream city! Oh, and a castle that overlooks the city? Let’s just say, I’m going back to Eger for sure.
add a comment